Sunday, March 29, 2009

Domo Arigato (Mr. Roboto?)

Ok, I need to start out by saying that I fucking HATE Colorado weather sometimes. I really did NOT appreciate the 15" of snow we received. C'mon it's MARCH (even though March is one of our snowiest months, it should be spring-like dammit)!!! I had to leave my flipping car at work on Thursday because there was NO WAY I was getting it home in the blizzard...I would have been stranded on the side of the road. So thank GOD one of my awesomely awesome coworkers had 4 wheel drive and gave me a lift home (and Wash took me on Friday to pick it up)! But seriously...crappy...ass...weather! I hope we are done with that EVIL white stuff of doom for the rest of the season (I doubt it).

This weekend was groovytastic! Wash and I made an appearance at Wasabi-con on Friday and Saturday at the Sheraton off Hampden and I-25. Yes, it's what it sounds like...an anime convention full of slutty teeny-boppers and people with WAY too much time on their hands. I love cons (counting down the days till Starfest baby!!), but I had a hard time getting into this one. Anime isn't really my thing (I like some of them of course like SAILOR MOON but it's not my cup of tea most of the time), so that in itself was a problem. Everyone there was really young (I swear to god Wash, at the young age of 27, was probably the oldest person there except for parents of con-goers...pretty sad lol) and I was overwhelmed by the amount of *squee*ing and *glomp*ing and drama drama drama. BUT, Kairi was there with her friends along with some of Wash's friends, and so it was nice to hang out with all of them.

Friday night was awesome...at the con we got to watch a good-old, manly arm-wrestling tournament, drink fake rum made from some dude's grandma (don't ask), get tipsy on Merlot (can't beat that), eat some yummy pizza, hang with some cool people, and listen to a GM speak about being, well, a better GM (my baby is a GM so it was right up our alley). Then we went back to the hotel that Wash and I got for the weekend and had a party of our own (muahaha). Saturday Wash had to work so I chilled and watched a TV show on hostages and drug smuggling all day (because I'm a freak like that...it was called Locked Up Abroad and was highly addicting). Then Wash and I went to lunch at a ramen place off Hampden (EVERYONE SHOULD GO THERE!! It's like a traditional Japanese noodle bar with AMAZING food), and went back to the con for a bit where I loaded up with a bunch of Japanese snack food (Pocky, Ramune, and Karl...don't you love having Karl in your mouth? Haha). This was followed by a nap, which was followed by bowling and pool with Wash's bro in Highlands Ranch. We had Noodles and Co for dinner and then headed back to our hotel where I watched the Sex and the City movie and Wash played DS (and of course we had another party of our own muahaha)! So...overall, FANTASTIC weekend (even though the con was a little boring).

Today was freaky. Long story. Another post maybe? Let's just say some men are really pervy and make me want to take a shower (and run away...and never come back to work again...and cry a little...and almost call my boyfriend in a panic...and call security...and yeah). BUT, moving on now...I'll talk about it another time. It turned out not being as bad as I thought...but it was bad nonetheless. Gotta jet! Time to leave this god-forsaken place (worky work).

Until next time, never turn your back on a friend (because Sailor Moon doesn't)!
Peace, love, and happiness!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe I missed out on slutty teeny-boppers! Well, we get sweaty nerds at Starfest in a few weeks, so I'll console myself with that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were pretty amusing! I am excited for sweaty nerds...I like them a lot better!! Lol...I can't FREAKING wait until Starfest

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry the weather mucked things up for you! You need to live 3 min. from work like I do :)
    ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete