Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

So...long time no talk eh? Life has been...well, very life-ish. It has brought a lot of changes since I last updated...good ones though, I believe. Everyone knows how I feel about change; it is necessary and I think most of the times it turns out to be a good thing and works out to our advantage even if we don't realize it at the time. After all, the only thing constant in life is change! I used to be afraid of change until I realized that it is inevitable and brings new things in life.

Familiarity is comfortable and feels safe, and often people opt for familiarity over change even if the change will be healthy and is much needed...most people do NOT want to take a risk even if it is to better their own lives and bring happiness. Unfortunately I learned this the hard way just recently, but it has taught me a valuable life lesson. About four months ago I was finding myself unhappy in my relationship with my S.O. Things had been rocky pretty much the whole time we were together (about a year and 2 months), but it seemed like things had gotten worse during the last two months of our being a couple. Because of the drama, stress, and emotions of the relationship that were controlling me, I turned to introspection. I realized that I had lost myself over the past year...that I was no longer the optimistic and bright person I was before the relationship began. That I had given so much of myself and had not received what I needed in return to the point where I hardly knew myself anymore. I wasn't happy...what could I do myself to bring happiness? It was then I started to realize that the only person responsible for my own happiness was me. So I took a chance...made a change. After over a year, I ended my relationship with Wash.

Though it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do (I still loved him more than anything and I still care for him deeply as a person), it was the right decision to make and has led me down a wonderful new path; it has also brought me to a wonderful new man who I absolutely adore and who I am insanely happy with. It's funny how life works...something seemingly awful can lead to something amazingly wonderful. I am ridiculously excited for this new relationship and for all the fantastic experiences to come. And although I have been broken, I am healing and have learned so much about myself through this entire process. As I have said before in past entries, I believe everything happens for a reason...and I think this was all meant to be. And I am ecstatic...I couldn't be happier in my life right now...and that's really saying something :-)

Other changes?
  • Adopted a new best friend! June was a big month for change! I now have an adorable little 2 year old kitty named Lizzie (thank you Jane Austen...Pride and Prejudice). She is my little baby and I am so excited to have her in my life! She's a super brat and very silly and sweet (except when she attacks me haha) and I <3>
  • Got promoted in June...doing the same crap I have been doing for 2 years now but getting paid a tad bit more (not much but every little cent helps).
  • Got a tattoo! My first one...and hoping to get more in the future (I am going to be an addict). It is absolutely beautiful and didn't hurt HALF as much as I thought it would! It's a red hibiscus (my favorite flower) with a treble clef over it (I LOVE my music) on my shoulder...wanted it to represent how there is music and harmony in all life. :-) It turned out absolutely stunning
  • Some sad news/big change. Just this past week my mom, sister, and I had to put our 13 year old kitty Solo to sleep. He had been losing weight for a few months and then just stopped eating. We took him to the vet where we were informed that he had lympho-sarcoma, an abdominal mass, and that his organs were failing. It was time to say goodbye to our friend. He is dearly missed and loved and will always have a very special place in my heart. I am still in denial about the whole thing, and one day it will hit me like a ton of bricks. Sigh...it's gonna be rough.

So life...changes...good stuff. All workin' out the way it's supposed to. Just thought I would update you all on things. I will try and post more frequently...have just been busy and not sure what to say.

Until next time, mahon cheese is the shit!

Peace, love, and happiness!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you and proud of you. I on the other hand am not really open to any new relationships as my heart still belongs to the one that got away.... sigh.

    I really want another tattoo as well. Where did you go and how much did your cost?

    Love and miss ya ~

    ReplyDelete