Sunday, December 6, 2009

Snow schmoe!

Welcome to winter. Welcome to change. Welcome to a new season and new beginnings.

I'm not going to lie...I'm sick of the snow already. I was born in California, and a Cali girl I remain. I don't mind the cold at all...it could be -25 degrees outside and as long as it's not snowing, I'm cool with it (no pun intended). I think it's pretty to look at, and I don't mind it if I am inside sipping some hot apple cider, cuddling with my sweetie, and watching a movie. But I HATE driving in it, and even more so than I used to because I got in an accident about 2-3 weeks ago when my car slid on some black ice and now I'm just freakin' terrified to drive in the stuff. I'm one of those annoying people that all those trucks and SUVs hate because I drive like an old granny in the snow and ice. No skin off my back...at least I won't go crashing into a guardrail because I was driving too fast; if they want to pass me, fine, I don't care. I'm going to drive how I need to so all my hair doesn't fall out.

I used to only live 10 minutes away from work too, so driving in the crappy weather wasn't too big of an issue. BUT (drumroll for good news...), BF (stands not only for Boba Fett but also boyfriend...my dearest Greg) and I just got a new place together. Trouble is, it's like 30-35 minutes away with good weather and no traffic. So it kinda sucks balls getting there when it's yucky outside. But so far, so good...haven't really had any problems. AND, I love our new place. Bigger than my old one...3 bedrooms/2 bathrooms as compared to my dinky little 1 bedroom/1 bathroom. It's spacious and homey and perfect for my honey and me...now we just have to finish putting away all our crap. And decorating (but we have a plan of attack for every room...we just have to DO IT)! It's a new journey and adventure in our relationship, and I am super psyched and loving it!

On another happy note, I am actually IN the holiday spirit this year. Last year was seriously one of the most depressing holidays I have had in a long time and I could NOT get into the spirit. But this year, I am already cranking up the Christmas music and doin' the holiday thang. I want to bake cookies and make hot cocoa and decorate a tree and hang up lights and go shopping like every day and yadda yadda. I can tell it's going to be a good holiday season...hell, Thanksgiving was great! BF's Mom's meatless meatballs + my Mom's cream corn and pumpkin soup + Dad's mashed potatoes + family + BF + BF's family + pumpkin pie + yahtzee + DDR + everything else = AWESOME! 1 million katrillion times better than last year which was pretty much awful. But, I digress. Looking forward to Christmas/Solstice and New Year's this year which I am glad for.

Well, I guess that's about all I have to say for now. I promise (I know I was unsuccessful at promising last time but this time keep me honest!) I will update more often...for the 1st time in over a year I actually have internet at my house. So blogging and screwing aroung online will be easily accessible :-)

Until next time, you eat what you like and I'll eat what I like (split pea soup or peanut butter and jelly?)!

Peace, love, and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment